Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's for Dinner Wednesdays

Slow Cooked Chicken, Apples, Onions, and Rosemary


2 c. chopped onion
2 green apples cubed
4-5 uncooked chicken breasts
2 T Rosemary
salt/pepper to taste

Sauce
1 can cream of celery, mushroom, or chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
Mix the sauce together in a separate liquid measuring cup.

Place onions on bottom of slow cooker, then place chicken, apples, and seasonings on top. Pour sauce over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve on top of rice.

This is really easy and a yummy, savory dish that will warm you up on a cold day! Rosemary reminds me of the holidays, so I especially like this around the holidays. I got this recipe from a good friend who lives states and states away from me now, so it always reminds me of her as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment