Friday, August 24, 2012

The yummiest granola you will ever eat!

With fall just around the corner, I'm starting to get into baking mode! I LOVE me some homemade granola, and I think this is the tastiest I've ever tried! The original recipe case for twice the sugar, honey, oil, etc. And I have found that it really doesnt need all of it! So here is the recipe I have come up with:
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 to 1 cup.chopped nuts ( I love pecans and almonds)
1/4 cup golden flax seed ( optional but is super healthy and I think its yummy)
6 to 7 heaping cups of oats
Combine everything in a bowl and divide evenly onto two baking sheets. Bake at 300 degrees for about 25 minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until golden brown. Keep stirring after its come.out of the oven as it cools so that it doesn't harden into one big clump.
This is so yummy we eat it as dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment